G'ampa C's Blog

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Pray for Grace (Nancy)

Preacher Mike's blog over the whole Rubel interview is really remarkable. Over 100 comments and counting.
What is it about us that makes the whole issue so shocking? It wasn't fair, she was rude and hateful, she had an agenda, she used inuendo and insult to her best advantage. Doesn't it seem like we need to get even, to get in the last word, to give her a dig so sharp she can't give a snappy response? Doesn't she deserve a good slap in the face?
On second thought.....
Doesn't it say something else? Congratulations, Rubel!!!! Praise the Lord above!!!!
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, and falsely say all manner of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."
and....
"You have heard that it was said 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' but I tell you love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you THAT YOU MAY BE SONS OF YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN."

Hmmmm. Love my enemy...pray for those who persecute me... so I can be a SON of GOD.
What change do I need to make in my life so that my natural response to an insult is kindness? What attitude adjustment do I need so that I automatically want to pray for those who are hateful?
God is calling us, even welcoming us, I think, to come and sit at the grown-up table. Come up to a plane of existence where our precious egos become meaningless, where we don't need to get a word in at all, let alone the last word. Where becoming a Son of God is EVERYTHING and getting even has no value.
Nancy Grace has provided the response to Cristianity that Jesus predicted. I should not be shocked or angry or even upset. My response should be to pray for her, that she would come to know the Jesus who has set me free. That she will be allowed to find peace in the Lord. Like the rest of our enemies, that she would be blessed with a knowledge of God that will bring her to the grown-up table, the table of grace.
Lord, help us to desire life at the grown-up table, and show us how to want our enemies there with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home