G'ampa C's Blog

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

She's Here!

A week ago (Thursday, July 13th) my grandbaby was born. In the moment, I became a real grandpa. Kyleigh Abigail Allison is doing well, as are her Mom and Dad. Praise God for his unspeakable and incredible gifts!

I spent the last 3 weeks out on a drilling rig, where most of the people I was around night and day have no understanding of Jesus or religion, and no desire to learn. Hard work, little sleep, and much responsibility. My soul was in a desert there. Tonight, I got back to town and arrived at church just as church was getting out. My daughters and wife are in Nebraska with the baby, so I didn't get to greet them, but I went to church to greet those special people. The ones who "ring my bell", whose hugs create a rush of heavenly feelings. What a blessing to be with them, Butchers, Watsons, Neilsons, Netzs, Hadleys, Danleys, Pinsons, Childers. Others I wanted to see but didn't. How nourishing after crossing the desert....
How convicted I am that God doesn't desire or expect us to do it alone.

I'm planning to leave today to make the trip to Nebraska to see my family and Kyleigh. Can't wait.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations!
    lee

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger julie said…

    Calvin, it was so good to see you on Wednesday. I can't wait to hear about your time with Kyleigh. She is blessed to have you as her grandpa.

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger pawatson said…

    Calvin, I was so glad to see you and to hear you were not going to have to drive to Nebraska. I know you are having a wonderful time there. What a lucky girl Kyleigh is.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are really happy for your family. We know how special this time is, especially for you. Can't wait to see pictures.

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Randy said…

    i look forward to making some of those same connections when we come to town. And you better believe you and your family are right up there on that list. I miss you brother.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home