G'ampa C's Blog

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was 10 days ago, and I am still contemplating my thankfulness. Having been out on a really tough drilling job for almost a month (still in progress), I am thankful for all those dear to me who have called to check on me and prayed over me. I am thankful for a wonderful wife and children who really long for me to be back home. I am thankful for all those people who count my company as valuable and let me know it, somehow drawing me closer to them and to Christ. Specifically, I am especially thankful for the Netzs, Fuquas, Neilsons, Barbers, Earlys, Watsons, Danleys, Butchers, Montgomerys, Katie, Jeremiah, Banks, Drew and others whom I count as family and for whom I hold a special place.

I am thankful for a home where I am free to serve God and live the way I choose, even with the problems we have here.

I am thankful for a Creator who degraded himself to the form of the created to purchase me from death, who paid with his life for my sins and ransomed me from destruction. I have something to celebrate, something worth while, something worth having.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm thankful for you, Daddy!

    I'm thankful for my wonderful husband and my beautiful daughter. I'm thankful for a loving family and fantastic, godly parents.

    I'm thankful to my Lord and Savior for EVERYTHING, and most importantly the forgiveness of my sins and the eternity I get to have in Heaven. :)

    I'm thankful for a kind and loving father who has always been the arms of God for me. :)

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger julie said…

    Calvin, the tribute from Laura is amazingly moving.
    It was so good to see your face this morning and to receive a hug from you. You have been missed.

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have your blog set as our homepage so it's what pops up every time we log in to the internet. Just wanted to remind you that we love you dearly, and can't wait to see you New Year's. Thanks for being such a wonderful Dad. I feel blessed to have two extremely amazing men in my life: my husband and my father. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home