G'ampa C's Blog

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Daddy

This past Sunday I shared my Dad's eulogy with the 9 or so men who met at the church building for the men's ministry. That is something I have never been able to do before, and it was somehow liberating. I guess that was a private place for me and I never could include others in the pain of missing Daddy. I am at peace with his death, but not the ending of his life. (The shrinks would have fun with that one...)
He was a good, simple, humble man who always did what he could for others.
He was never lazy, never wasteful, never out of control. To be considered like him would be no small compliment.
What a great statement of life:
To live in a way that everyone was grieving your departure but no one questioned where you had gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home