G'ampa C's Blog

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Friends

I had a long talk last night with a dear friend. What a blessing it is to relax in the presence of someone you love and who loves you back.
When I really think about friends like that, I wonder how they come to be. What draws me close to one person and not another? I can't really say why I make a dear friend out of one attempt and miss on another. The friend I talked with last night is not particularly like me, but we have shared in some rough times together. Is that part of it?
I think maybe what makes good friends out of friends is the Spirit working through us as we share. Sharing blessings and burdens, as God intended. There is also an element of agape in there, the sense that I will treat you with love and you will treat me with love, no matter what happens. That is something which must be earned with time.
I wonder how many great friendships I have missed for a lack of time?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger julie said…

    You are my friend.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger G'ampa C said…

    Thank you, Julie.
    For being my friend, for making an entry on an otherwise mostly empty blog, for being Julie, for allowing me into your personal space and loving me.
    Calvin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home