G'ampa C's Blog

Friday, April 06, 2007

How Does it Feel?

Wednesday night our church visited a number of different rooms to experience what some might call the stations of the cross. Then we all filed quietly into the candle-lit auditorium and symbolically placed our burdens, represented by small stones with our names on them, at the foot of the cross. After some scripture reading and singing, we dismissed. The nature of the environment was uplifting, but sober. One of the children I have been close to since her birth came and hugged me and I whispered to her that I loved her. She hugged me again and then ran to her mother and hugged her in tears. After some discussion and sobbing through her tears, she said I reminded her how much Jesus loved her.

I had no words. Then her mother asked me: "How does it feel to be Jesus?"

1 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    That's awesome Dad. You are an example of Christ to all who know you and love you. I can't wait to live closer to you so Kyleigh can experience that too. I miss you and love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home