G'ampa C's Blog

Saturday, July 07, 2007

My wife and I traveled to Lincoln, NE last week to help our daughter move to Farmington, NM. We put about 2600 miles on our car and got to spend some time with Matt, Laura and Kyleigh. Kyleigh rode in our car in the car seat some 1,000 miles and was a real trooper. What a cute kid she is! She chatters baby talk practicing the inflection of words and phrases while sometimes the words are not quite there. Some of the words are easy to get, though, and are so funny. She is very, very lovable. I walked around with her quite a bit while the others were doing other things, and she often puts her head down and snuggles in. That's really nice. All in all, I love that little girl quite a lot.
After last week, I know a little more about being a grandparent.

What a compliment that God considers us his children.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Kathy said…

    You and Mike seem to be suffering [enjoying] the same syndrome - grandpas in love with granddaughters. Great! :)

    Ain't(sic) grandparenting fun though! :)

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    I'm pretty sure that Kyleigh enjoyed every minute of it. She has some wonderful grandparents, that's for sure! She loves her "ram paw" as she says it ... :)

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger pawatson said…

    I think Kyleigh is one very lucky little girl to have you as her grandpa. I look forward to getting to watch you with her and read about your times with her. And just maybe, one of these days, Matt & Laura will be closer to Abilene.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home