G'ampa C's Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Victory in Jesus

I have been thinking this morning of a little lady we sang with at Hospice years ago. She was always dressed and ready to receive us on Thursday afternoon, and was there for several weeks. She was so gracious and pleased to have us there, and there was a kind of Spirit around her that was almost physical. The song she wanted to sing was "Victory in Jesus". When we got to the chorus, she would smile and cry at the same time and look up at the ceiling. I expected the Lord to pick her up any second, his presence was so strong in the room. Funny how she ministers to me even now, and I don't even know her name.
Oh, victory in Jesus, my Saviour forever.
He sought me and bought me with his redeeming blood.
He loved me 'ere I knew him, and all my love is due him.
He plunged me to victory beneath the cleansing flood.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Tailpipe Terry said…

    BTID or "Better than I deserve"

    We sang that song this last weekend at a family reunion. It was my wife's grandmother's favorite. The melody is not nearly as powerful as the words. Her gradmother died at age 95 after she went to sleep in her favorite recliner. She has 10 children and they all will testify to how she lived the "victory" that she had in Jesus. I keep hearing from people about you and your wife living and sharing the "victory" with others.
    And all our love is due Him...
    love you brother,
    tailpipe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home